środa, 30 września 2009

My handmade things.

When I was a child I was watching my mother whenever she was doing something. Very often she was knitting or sewing.
She was repairing our clothes [I have a sister and a brother] and knit caps, gloves, scarves, socks and sweaters.
I liked a lot to watch my mother knit, for me it was something magic, a set of moving knits and a sweater coming out of them bit by bit. When I was 5 or 6 years old I said to my mother that I wanted to make something as well.
My mother showed how to move stitches from one knitting needle to another, once I got enough of practice she showed me how to make right and left stitches and how to finish a knitting. My first thing that I made was a pink scarf for my teddy bear. When I was about 11 years old I have learnt on my own how to crochet and I made dresses for my dolls. I knitted colourful socks for me and my sister. Next I began to make sweaters and I have learnt how to make gloves with fingers and caps. After that I have learnt a little bit how to embroider, I made a few serviettes and handkerchiefs. I only asked my Mother to demonstrate how to make gloves and socks, but I have learnt on my own how to make other things from books. Nine years ago I have learnt how to crochet serviettes and I like it a lot.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz